

The most exciting news for March is ... I am expecting again! We have been waiting to hear the heartbeat before we made the official announcement. I got to hear the heartbeat my last Dr. appt. Oh, it sounded so wonderful! Katherine had already let the cat out of the bag with all the folks around here. I had to take her and Devon to my appt. She was so concerned about me. She kept asking "Mommy are you sick?" Finally I told her Mommy wasn't sick, Mommy was going to have a baby. Well, the first thing she said to Granny the next time she saw her was "Granny guess what, My Mommy is going to have a baby!" Of course then all eyes turn to me for conformation. What was I suppose to say? Anyway, I am due Oct 21. We are all looking forward to welcoming this new bundle into our lives.
Katherine was asked to be a flower girl in Jesse and Lyndsey's wedding the first of this month. The wedding was in Kansas City. We were able to stay with George and Liz York. We weren't able to spend much time catching up with them. We were busy with rehearsal and pictures ect. The highlight of the whole trip for the kids (and David) was getting to swim in the pool at the hotel where the rest of the Halbgewachs clan was staying. The kids swam for 3 hours at least. This was Devon's first time swimming and he LOVED it. He is not afraid of the water at all, which really scared me, especially when he walked right into the hot tub and sank to the bottom. Thank God I saw him right away and was able to get him out before he sucked in much water. But that didn't deter him from swimming. He went right into the big pool and was jumping off the side to Granny in no time. Katherine did such a good job being a flower girl I was so proud of her. She was one of three flower girls. Hannah Anderson and Carley Halbgewachs were the other two. They all did a great job.
We have meet a newly wed couple who live just two miles from us. Their names are Miller and Bethel Smith. She is a transplant from Kentucky. So we have a lot in common. We have only meet once, but we just really connected. Their wedding reception was the third weekend of March. We also got to meet several of their friends at a game night the next weekend. We had a blast. It was so nice to get together with people of our own age. I didn't realize how much I missed it. The best part is David and Miller get along great. David has even initiated get togthers with them, which is very uncommon for him to do. I just praise God for bringing this couple into our lives.
Katherine and Devon have really begun to play together a lot better. There favorite game is Bear Hug. They grab each other in a great big hug and try to wrestle each other to the ground. They fall to the ground and just laugh and laugh. It is so fun to see them interacting with each other in a real way. Of course with the greater time playing with one another, there has been a lot more fighting. Devon is the irritater and Katherine is the tattler. It starts already. :( They have also been able to play outside a lot more and they have been spending more time outside since we got our new puppy Emily. Katherine named her, she named her "Koola" at first, but neither David or I could remember it so we asked her to name her again and Emily is what she came up with. Emily is a golden/white lab. She is full blood so we are hoping she will be a little smarter than our other two dogs were.
The Newspaper in our area sponsored the Air Force Band to come to Cozad and offered Free tickets for anyone who wanted to go. Our whole church went. It was a great performance. Devon was enthralled during the first half, but we completely lost his attention in the second half. Katherine was not interested in any of it. I loved it. It brought back memories of college and going to the free concerts the college offered.
I had a nursing CE class in Kearney, so David and I decided to take the kids to the Holiday Inn and stay the night so we could take the kids to the water slides and great kiddie pool they have there. The kids had a blast. They swam for about 6 hours with a small break for supper. They slept hard that night. I will definitely have to take them to the pool this summer.
And the final thing was a great surprise. We got a piano from David's supervisor. I was so excited to get one. It had been on my mind lately, but I knew we would never buy one. The kids have fun pounding away at it (when Daddy isn't home). Now we have something for the kids to practice on when they get old enough for piano lessons.
Well, I guess that is all. Whew! I am tired just writing about it!
1 comment:
Sounds like you are having a wonderful start to the year. I'm glad that everything is going well with the pregnancy and that you have young friends to hang out with.
Post a Comment