

I am so behind on posting (as always) I am going to skip a few months. June was a busy month. I started out the month with spring cleaning. Yuck! It took me forever to get everything done, over a whole week! I was shocked how dirty some of the areas in our house were. The bath tub and the coils under the fridge were two of the worst areas. The tub took me 2 1/2 hours to clean. Turns out the tub is more of an off white than tan. :)
All the spring cleaning was in preparation for our June Meeting the second weekend. We were blessed to have George and Liz York stay with us. My kids were so thrilled with baby Charlotte. It gave me a glimpse into what they will be like with our new baby. It was so sweet, they were so good with her. We also got to have Ben and Julie Anderson stay with us along with their two girls, Hannah and Abby. The girls got along pretty good. I think they are at the stage were the drama is so high it doesn't take much to set them off. I have Discovered that Devon doesn't do well with other kids at this point. He is so physical. He would rather wrestle or hit or push them down than play. We are working on that. Anyway the meeting was very good. I would say I felt the Lord's presence in a more real way than at any of our past meetings. Praise be to God!!!
Mom and Dad Poe called and asked if we would let them take the kids for a weekend a half. I was unsure at first. Did they really remember what it was like to have two toddlers in the house? But my great excitement to have 10 days without kids overcame that thought in my mind. "Sure take them as long as you want to!" My mind tried to remember what life was like with out kids. Date nights with no babysitters. Sleeping in as long as "I" wanted to, being able to get ready and leave the house in a matter of seconds instead of 10 min. Yeah, I was really going to enjoy this! Mom and Dad, Stephen, Jared and Jonathan came up on the 17th and stayed with us Thur. and then left on Fri. David's Birthday was on Fri. So we had a cook out and invited his mom and dad and Glade and Bethel over on Thur. We had a great evening. Stephen had brought his Banjo and Jared had brought his Mandolin. So David joined them on his banjo and we had quite the jam session.
David and I really enjoyed our days alone. David commented often about how quiet to was in the house and how nice and picked up everything stayed. We got to go on several dates and "on the whim" outings, things we did often before kids entered the picture. The kids did very well with my parents. Katherine was the one who got home sick the most, she called us the second night she was in AR. She was crying and wanting to come home. It broke my heart to hear her sobs over the phone and not be able to give her a hug. That was the only episode like that though. They left for Camp Moriah the next day so I think she was too busy to miss us much. Both the kids had a blast. I am going to have to start taking them on a regular basis now that they are old enough to enjoy it. I want them to have friends in the primitive baptist and they will not have the opportunity in NE I am afraid.
Well that was at the end of June and the rest of the story occurred in July so it will continue on July's post. See you then!
All the spring cleaning was in preparation for our June Meeting the second weekend. We were blessed to have George and Liz York stay with us. My kids were so thrilled with baby Charlotte. It gave me a glimpse into what they will be like with our new baby. It was so sweet, they were so good with her. We also got to have Ben and Julie Anderson stay with us along with their two girls, Hannah and Abby. The girls got along pretty good. I think they are at the stage were the drama is so high it doesn't take much to set them off. I have Discovered that Devon doesn't do well with other kids at this point. He is so physical. He would rather wrestle or hit or push them down than play. We are working on that. Anyway the meeting was very good. I would say I felt the Lord's presence in a more real way than at any of our past meetings. Praise be to God!!!
Mom and Dad Poe called and asked if we would let them take the kids for a weekend a half. I was unsure at first. Did they really remember what it was like to have two toddlers in the house? But my great excitement to have 10 days without kids overcame that thought in my mind. "Sure take them as long as you want to!" My mind tried to remember what life was like with out kids. Date nights with no babysitters. Sleeping in as long as "I" wanted to, being able to get ready and leave the house in a matter of seconds instead of 10 min. Yeah, I was really going to enjoy this! Mom and Dad, Stephen, Jared and Jonathan came up on the 17th and stayed with us Thur. and then left on Fri. David's Birthday was on Fri. So we had a cook out and invited his mom and dad and Glade and Bethel over on Thur. We had a great evening. Stephen had brought his Banjo and Jared had brought his Mandolin. So David joined them on his banjo and we had quite the jam session.
David and I really enjoyed our days alone. David commented often about how quiet to was in the house and how nice and picked up everything stayed. We got to go on several dates and "on the whim" outings, things we did often before kids entered the picture. The kids did very well with my parents. Katherine was the one who got home sick the most, she called us the second night she was in AR. She was crying and wanting to come home. It broke my heart to hear her sobs over the phone and not be able to give her a hug. That was the only episode like that though. They left for Camp Moriah the next day so I think she was too busy to miss us much. Both the kids had a blast. I am going to have to start taking them on a regular basis now that they are old enough to enjoy it. I want them to have friends in the primitive baptist and they will not have the opportunity in NE I am afraid.
Well that was at the end of June and the rest of the story occurred in July so it will continue on July's post. See you then!
1 comment:
I'm glad that you two were able to have some one-on-one time. I saw the pictures of camp and it looked like your children had a blast.
Post a Comment