Sunday, April 5, 2009

February 2009






February, we have had a few days that have felt like spring and it has definitely given me the "BUG". I took down the last of our winter decorations and put out my spring stuff in hopes it would bring "Green" sooner. It hasn't worked. I have been working at the hospital an average of 2 days a week for 4 hours or so. It has worked really good. Katherine and Devon love being able to go to Granny's and Grandad's more often. I have finally bit the bullet and made a schedule for our day. It's not that we have that many things going, but I wasn't getting anything done. At the end of the day I would look back and ask myself what I had accomplished and I couldn't think of anything. It has really helped me out and kept me on track. We will see how long it lasts!

David and I decided we wanted to invest in a few guns with the new administration we have now and the possibility of getting guns in the future being very difficult. We went all out. We splurged on 3 firearms. A Remington 700 bolt action rifle, a Remington 870 pump action shotgun, and a Smith and Western M&P 40 hand gun. Of the three, the handgun is my favorite and the one I can shoot with the most accuracy. David has to get a scope for the rifle, so we haven't even shot that one yet. We are going to take an concealed weapons class here before too long. It should be a lot of fun. It makes me feel better to have a gun in the house. I have thought before if a wild animal or snake came into the yard what I would do, now I don't have to worry!

This is the first year that Katherine has understood what Valentine's day is about. She watched a Charlie Brown show about Valentine's Day and she just really latched on to the idea. So this year we made Valentine's for all her friends. She really had fun making them. She is getting so big it is a little sad, but I am loving this stage. I bought her a few workbooks at Target ABC's, 123's, shapes and mazes. She loves to work on them. She hasn't grasped the concept of the alphabet yet, but she is doing good on counting. She can count to 10 on her own now and she is able to tell me how many objects there are in a picture. She has also found the love of puzzles, just like me!. She needs some help but she will do them over and over again.

Devon is so full of energy these days. He is definitely all boy. It has been fun to see the way he and Katherine are different. They will go outside to play and Katherine will come in with some mud on her shoes, but Devon looks like he took a nose dive into a pig pen! :) He loves tractors. The farmers have been doing some work around our house. He will stand at the window and watch them for a long time. Devon has been working on getting his molars in on the bottom for a good month now. They finally popped through, Thank goodness. He really wasn't horrible, but I can tell he feels better.

I hope all my "readers" are doing good. Love to all.

1 comment:

Rebekah Sacran said...

Hey lady, are you preagnant?