


I have been writing down info as the months have gone by so I will remember what happened in those months. So here goes, for Oct.
There were a few spring flowers that sprouted in the flower beds here this last spring, but not nearly as many as I wanted. So I planted around 150 bulbs in the flower beds. It took forever! But I hope to have forgotten the bruised knees and strained wrists by this spring and be able to appreciate the beauty of the first buds of spring.
We had a Fall Party at the first of Oct. I hope to make it an annual tradition. I invited all the surrounding neighbors and the church. We had about 40 people show up. It was so much fun. It bought back memories of our get togethers in AR. We had a bonfire and games. The wind was blowing so hard we had to have a bonfire NE style. We built several small fires in halved 50 gal. drums. It was not what I had in mind, but it was a memory anyway. One of our neighbors brought his Clydesdale horses and wagon and pulled everyone on a true to life hay ride. Katherine loved the horses, although I think they made her a little nervous because of there size.
David finally talked me into dressing the kids for Halloween. It was not a thing my family ever did so it took me a while to concede. I made them Raggedy Ann and Andy outfits. When I tried them on Katherine and Devon they refused to wear the wigs I had made. I was a little frustrated, but when the night came to really go all out on dressing them up, they were so excited they made no fuss over the wigs at all. We went to a costume party in Cozad for the kids. It was so crowded and noisy I will never go again. And some of the costumes the kids were wearing were just awful. I can't imagine allowing my son or daughter wear something like that. Anyway, we went to Pizza Hut with Granny and Grandad afterwards and then we went and visited Mamo and Papo. They got a kick out of seeing the kids costumes.
Our whole church went to see the Fireproof movie in Kearney. It was sooooo good. I am rejoicing to see some wholesome movies come out and do very well in the box office. Both David and I were crying over this one. It will defiantly be one we will be adding to our collection.
David and I celebrated our 4 th Anniversary this year. Our anniversary is on the 30, but this year it worked out for us to celebrate on the 31st, Everyone gives you interesting looks when they think you got married on the 31st! Weirdos!! We went to the nicest restaurant in Kearney the "Alley Rose". We both dressed up , David even wore a suit! We were not the only ones dressed up, a witch and Iron man showed up as well. :) We stayed the night in the Hampton Inn. It was so wonderful to be by ourselves and be able to sleep in as long as we wanted. A wonderful Anniversary.
Happy Fall Ya'll!!!!
1 comment:
I didn't see this post before. The kids were darling in their costumes. And you and David look very handsome all dressed up. Happy 4th!
Post a Comment