Tuesday, February 24, 2009

November 2008












For Thanksgiving this year we went to my side of the family. It is suppose to be every other, but I think it is going to turn out Thanksgiving with my family and Christmas with David's. Anyway, we went down the weekend before Thanksgiving and stayed through Thanksgiving Day. I can't believe how much we did in the time we were there. The day after we arrived we were invited to Sis. Lisa Green's house for a Tea Party. She had made the cutest pumpkin ice cream cakes decorated like Turkeys. Katherine and Aaron Green were the guests of honour. They had fun. It was the first tea party Katherine had ever been to. It was great being able to catch up with everyone too.
David and I took Stephen, Jared, and Jonathan. To see Madagascar 2. Katherine went with us too. It was the first movie she had been to in the theater. She was mesmerized. I don't think she sat back in her chair the whole movie. And of course, as is our custom, we broke the rules and smuggled in our own candy. The boys get a kick out of doing something bad. Shhhhh, don't tell anyone! :)

Rebekah Sacran invited us to go to story hour in Fort Smith with her and her girls. So I picked up Anna Green and we all went to story hour. I don't think Katherine knew exactly how to react to so many kids in one place. But by the time we left she had found her nitch.

David went with Thomas to see his college were he is studying to be a lineman. David is proud that he had that influence on Thomas. So David spent the night with Thomas and got to see Thomas' stomping ground.

We also went to Anna Green's house for supper one of the nights we were there. Rebekah Sacran got to come as well. We had a lot of fun being together again. The kids had a blast playing with one another until one of them decided it would be fun to pour all the baby powder out onto the floor and play in it like sand. I was impressed how well Anna reacted, she was so calm. Sad to say I would not have been so easy going. She even had the presence of mind to document it with pictures. Wonderful Mom! I need to take lessons.

We spent Thanksgiving with Grandpa and Grandma Hill. We are getting to be such a large group I don't know how much longer we can fit in her house. It is fun trying though! Katherine and Devon got to experience "The Slide" for the first time. For those of you who don't know it, it is a huge slide Grandpa built. It is tall now to me so Imagine what it is to a little kid. Katherine finally got the nerve up to go. And she loved it, Devon on the other hand like to climb the ladder and then sit up at the top and cry. So he got his thrills climbing up and down.

We left at around 5 'o'clock to head back home. We had a good trip until we got on I-80. We were in between Grand Island and Kearney when a deer ran right into the side of the Armada. We pulled over and amazingly the only damage was a 2 inch scratch on Katherine's door and a dime size dent on the fender. God is good! Katherine didn't even know anything happened.

Well that is it for this month!





1 comment:

Rebekah Sacran said...

I didn't know about that deer. I'm thankful it wasn't more. The tea party pictures are really cute. Aunt Lisa is so good to do things like that.