Thursday, January 3, 2008






This last year has been one filled with lots of change.



Our son Devon was born on July 11. He is doing great. He is nothing like his sister looks or temperament. He is content most of the time and is not very demanding. At 4 mo. he weighed 16lb. 2 oz, whereas Katherine weighed 13 lb. at the same age. I think we are certainly going to have a big boy like his uncle Thomas and his great-grandpa Hill.



Katherine has really grown up in the last few months. She is a big help to me or at least she tries! She is always willing to help me in any way she can. She loves to entertain her brother and she is also very protective. The other day in Walmart a woman stopped to admire Devon. She saw his sock was about to fall off and she began to put it back on. Katherine looked at her with a frown and said "Stop!". After working with Katherine for two years she is beginning to get the idea of praying. She even decided to teach Granny a thing or two. Granny was holding her during a prayer, Granny looked over at Katherine during the prayer and Katherine caught her looking and promptly pushed her head back down and said "Bow your head.". At least we know she is listening.



We also sold our house in town and moved into the country! I am so thrilled. The house is 2 1/2 times bigger and we feel like we have room to grow now. The house came with 12 acres, of which 8 is an alfalfa field. (So of course now David thinks he needs a tractor... and a box blade, and a swather, and a square bailer, the list goes on and on). We were able to have David's family out for Christmas dinner. It was so fun to have the room to have guests.



January seems like it will slow things down a bit of which I am so glad. I hope ya'lls year goes well and God bless.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great! Looking forward to your next post. Love the pictures of the kids.

cvnbmrtr said...

The kids are beautiful. Seeing the pics makes me miss them so much. You tell Devon not to get completely grown before we get to meet him in June!

Your house is beautiful, and the trees are HUGE! Joanna said that Christmas dinner was absolutely fantastic. Her description had Chris' and my mouths watering for that lace cornbread!

Love you bunches,
Melissa

strem said...

Thank you for inviting me to see your blog. I can't wait to read your posts and know how you are doing from time to time. I have heard your new place is BEAUTIFUL, and I hope this new year will allow me to come to NE for a visit. I've been promising the Bonds for so long, and it is long overdue... and it'll be a special treat to spend some time with you too. God bless.

beerobber said...

Devon and Katherine are both growing so fast. I look forward to seeing them in June, Lord willing. Show us some more pix of the farm!

Other Mother said...

Congratulations on your new son, and new home, also. I'm sure you'll enjoy having more space, inside, and out! I love the beautiful sky in your photo - there's nothing like those wide open spaces, and wide open skies!

Rebekah Sacran said...

I'm so glad that you are blogging! Your children are so beautiful and your house is so cute. I hope we can come visit you some day.

Liz said...

Yeah...You've been added to my blogging list. We were sorry to miss you as you passed through around Thanksgiving. We need to plan a trip up your way sometime soon. Lord willing we will be there in June, if not before. Give everyone in Cozad our love.

Lori said...

Re: Katherine during prayer -- thanks for the chuckle! We have four children (ages 8, 6, 4, and 2), so there's never a dull moment here, either!

momof9 said...

Hey, Missy! Hm-m-m-m...The Taylor Farm...Has a nice ring to it, don't you think! Can't wait to come see you. Give Katherine and Devon a kiss for me...Oh, and I guess David, too!! ;} Love you!